Medieval History Quiz
"Queen Without a Country" and
"Isabella: Queen Without a Conscience"
Historical novels by Rachel Bard
Test your knowledge of medieval Europe. Some questions may have more than one correct answer.
- The mother of Richard I of England was:
- Mary of Scotland
- Eleanor of Aquitaine
- Joan of Arc
- Who was the leader of the forces in Palestine that Richard fought against in the Third Crusade?
- Gunga Din
- Isabella of Angoulême married twice. Her husbands were:
- Hugh de Lusignan and King John
- Prince Arthur of Brittany and King John
- Robin Hood and Little John
- What language was most commonly spoken in 13th-century Europe?
- Norman French
- Berengaria and her sister-in-law, Isabella,
- Never met
- Met once, at the castle of Chinon
- Were lifelong friends
- Eleanor of Aquitaine married twice. Her two husbands were:
- Philip Augustus of France and Henry IV of England
- Louis VII of France and Henry II of England
- Louis XV of France and Henry VII of England
Answers: 1-b, 2-a, 3-a,4-c, 5-b, 6-b